Fireworks Safety

The Plainfield Fire Protection District urges everyone to enjoy the Independence Day Holiday safely
by leaving the “fireworks show” to the professionals. Sparklers, which are legal in Illinois, burn at 1,800
degrees Fahrenheit. A lit sparkler can cause a serious burn, and can also set clothing, decks, grass and
mulch on fire. Don’t run around with lit sparklers and do not use them while standing on a wooden deck or
other combustible material. Always have a bucket of sand available to dispose of used sparklers. If your
clothing catches on fire, stop, drop to the ground, cover your face with your hands, and roll over and over
to smother the flames and put the fire out. Keep a charged garden hose nearby to extinguish any small fire
that could develop in grass or mulch. For more fire and life safety information, please call the Plainfield Fire
Protection District at 815-436-5335 ext 7314. You may also visit us on the web at www.plainfieldfpd.com.
The Plainfield Fire Protection District wishes everyone a safe and happy Independence Day Holiday

2015-08-03T05:31:44+00:00